The David and Rose Udelson Bray Scholarship Fund which is intended to benefit students, preferably Jewish students, to help subsidize the expense of a college education.
- Child of a CBAJ congregant who will be attending college (undergraduate or graduate) whose parent(s)/guardian(s) have been family members (in good standing) before the beginning of the academic year of award for:
- At least 18 months for full members
- At least 30 months for associate members
- Applicant must submit an essay (minimum 250 words) at least 60 days before the beginning of the academic year of the award on a topic related to: their Jewish identity, what they’ve learned from CBAJ/the Albany Jewish community/NCSY/a Jewish camp/school/etc.
- Only one award (lifetime) per student who fulfills the requirements.
- Scholarships will be available until the bequest is fully dispersed.
- Or – $1,500 with proof of completion of a Judaic course (copy of transcript with a passing grade) during the academic year of the award.
- This would include courses given in, or cross-listed with, Jewish or Judaic Studies programs. If the University doesn’t have this program, the student must provide a copy of the course description.